Are you in search of a Wi-Fi Router and equally confused about the process of buying and selecting the best one after experience? Well, this is the time for you to stop worrying. We have done your work for you and after checking all the routers after buying them, we have shortlisted them for you to choose your Wi0Fi Router wisely. A good router can add value to your surfing and browsing experience and any person who can differentiate between routers would know the worth of it. Cut to the chase, let’s dive in the features of these Top 10 Best Wi-Fi Routers under $100 in 2022.
Best Wi-Fi Router Under $100 – Our Top 10 List for 2022 [Updated list]
#1. TP-Link Talon AD7200
The TP-Link Talon AD7200 Wi-Fi router tops our list with its amazing features and affordable price that falls in every commoner’s budget. Considering the price, one should never underestimate the power of this router. It is known to be the first and best Wi-Fi Router to support 802.11ac. With a combined speed of 7.2 GBPS, the TP-Link Talon AD7200 gives you the inexpensive convenience and blazing speed with three bands at once. Without a further ado, let’s see the features:
- Multiband technology that allows 3 Wi-Fi bands at once.
- 2 GBPS (Band 1: 800 Mbps @2.4GHz, Band 2: 1733 Mbps @5GHz, Band 3: 4600 Mbps @60GHz.
- Wireless AC and Multi-User MIMO technologies allow several users at once.
- 4 GHz dual-core processor.
- Eight antennas to provide maximum coverage.
- 1 WAN and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- 3 USB 3.0 ports.
- Easy interface TP-Link app to manage the router.
#2. Google Wi-Fi
Google Wi-Fi brightens our list of shortlisted routers with its eye-opening and mind-blowing features. With its unique covering range, and catering capacity, it has the capability to cover wider areas with full coverage of internet. Would you even believe it that the Google Wi-Fi is packed with the ability to widespread the signals without any antennas on the router? If you are in need the blazing fast speed, set of these Google Wi-Fi routers would do the best for you. Don’t believe us, find the best mesh WiFi routers here and choose the best one for yourself. Let’s see the features of Google Wi-Fi:
- Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz / 5GHz) with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards.
- Covers wider spaces of around 3000-4500 square feet.
- Expandable Units.
- 710 MHz quad-core processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Alexa and Google Home voice commands.
#3. NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
A very strong and loaded Wi-Fi router with exponential abilities that will amaze you by its strengthened features. Although, it is a tad bit expensive, but it surely offers so much more than the loaded price it comes with. There are no limitations as to what speed it can fetch for you. If you are a gamer and VR user, you would know the worth of a good signal that fetches 4K quality streaming, if you got that, the NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 is surely the one and only for you. Let’s go through the features of this beast router:
- 11ad Quad-Stream Wave2 Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO.
- Multiple connections as once.
- 2 Gbps (Band 1: 800 Mbps @2.4GHz, Band 2: 1733 Mbps @5GHz, Band 3: 4600 Mbps @60GHz).
- 7 GHz quad-core processor.
- 4K streaming.
- Four dual-band antennas & amplifiers.
- 10 Gigabit LAN SFP+.
- Network-attached Storage (NAS).
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- 160 MHz.
- USB 3.0 ports.
- NETGEAR genie app to manage and control the router.
- Amazon drive backup.
- Amazon Alexa commands.
#4. NETGEAR ORBI PRO
The NETGEAR ORBI PRO Wi-Fi router is surely a beast when it comes to speed and coverage. With a price so moderate, the NETGEAR ORBI PRO quite literally loads the user with surreal speed and range. This is surely a great option for areas around 4-5000 square yards. Cherry on top, the management and setup of this router makes it even more convenient for the users with smart controls and various connectivity options. Let’s see the loaded features:
- 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz frequencies
- Comes with 2-4 nodes
- Up to 93.69 Mbps
- USB 2.0 port
- MU-MIMO ready
- 4GB flash memory
- 512MB RAM
- Easy Configuration.
- Convenient controls.
#5. NETGEAR (R6230) AC1200
Not all economical Wi-Fi routers are weak in functionalities. Talk about affordability and efficiency and the NETGEAR (R6230) AC1200 tops the list with leaps and bounds. Talk about network interruption and link breakages and it won’t have even heard of it, that’s how strong this Wi-Fi router is. With great capabilities and surreal features, the NETGEAR (R6230) AC1200 provides the users with multiple connections and unreal speed and range. Let’s have a look at its features:
- Dual Band Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Speed of 300+900Mbps
- 4 LAN ports and a WAN port
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- Easily manageable and controllable through the Nighthawk mobile app.
- Limits the signals when in Idol mode.
- Weighs 1.6.
- 11 x 10. 24 x 4.13 inches wide.
#6. TP-Link (Archer C9) AC1900
TP-Link Wi-Fi routers are a name common and heard to everyone. Its strength is its affordability and its efficiency to provide the best range moderate signals to keep all your operations running smoothly. The breakages and parchments between the W-Fi network’s signals are not known to the brilliantly efficient connection it build for the user. With the features of a loaded Wi-Fi router, the 6. TP-Link (Archer C9) AC1900 provides you the speed that you are longing for. Here are its top features:
- 9Gbps for 600Mbsp and 1300Mbps for 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- 4k live streaming.
- 1GHz dual-core processor.
- Automated router set up.
- App navigation for router settings.
- 2 USB port.
- 4 LAN and 1 WAN.
- Weighs 3lbs
- 2 x 3.9 x 9.5 inches wide.
- Unique and stable aesthetics.
#7. Motorola MR1700 AC1700
Motorola is a very famous and known to ear brands. Especially to the 90s kids. We have all started somewhere and the ones who started with Motorola would know its inexpensive value. Motorola facilitates the users with its Motorola MR1700 AC1700 Wi-Fi router that streams 4K quality videos in seconds and provides the users with unbreakable internet connection. The features of this Wi-Fi router are no less than the loaded ones, but the price is definitely less than those. See the features and decide for yourself:
- 6 antennas.
- 4k live video streams on Netflix, YouTube, etc.
- 5GHz for long-range file sharing.
- Parental control features.
- Two frequency network access for guest.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN and 1 WAN
- 1 2.0 USB port.
- Weighs 0.91s.
- 38 x 8.38 x 1.38 inches wide.
#8. NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750
Surely one of the best W-Fi routers when it comes to brimming fast speed and multiple connection allowance at once. The NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 is known to be used at wide work spaces and larger homes of thousands of square yards. The uninterrupted internet connection that it provides you, keeps you hooked for longer period of times. The features that it holds are no less than the loaded Wi-Fi routers with moderate features but the price is surreally less. The features will amaze you more:
- 12 devices connection at once.
- 450+1300Mbps of high-speed internet.
- Dual-band 2.4GHZ and 5GHz of speed
- 4k streaming video on YouTube, Netflix
- The dual-core processor.
- Dual-band Gigabit.
- 2 2.0 & 3.0 USB ports.
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- 1 WAN & 4 LAN ports.
- VPN enabled network.
- Easy control and management of the device through LED controls.
- Weighs 1.96lbs.
- 22 x 7.26 x 1.97 inches wide.
With its dimensional and exponential signal strength and capabilities, the Medialink MLWR-AC1200 provides you with an exceptional internet connection. The speed that it can give you is far more than the internet connections you are used to using, this we are sure of. With great features and quite less price comparatively, the Medialink MLWR-AC1200 keeps on winning the hearts. The capability to cover larger areas and provide great signal strength across all devices makes it a Go-To option for speed lovers. Here are its top features:
- 10 times more speed for your internet experience.
- 4k streaming experience.
- Gigabit ports with 1,000Mbps of high-speed data.
- 2 Omni-directional antennas
- 867 Mbps for 5GHz and 300 Mbps at 2.4GHZ.
- Safe and separate high-speed locations for guest or regular network use.
- Easy management and controlling features.
- 4 interchangeable 10/100/1000 Mbps ports.
- 1 WAN and 4 Gbps LAN.
- 1 2.0 USB connector.
- Switchable VPN feature.
- Weighs 0.93lb.
- 9 x 7.07 x 3.02 inches wide.
#10. NETGEAR (R6080) AC1000
For gamers and visual pleasure seekers, the NETGEAR (R6080) AC1000 is the best option when it comes to High Definition 4K streaming and live online gaming. The efficient strength of the router allows several strengthened connections at one time. Its two amazing features are the streaming and widespread strong connections with great range. Users with multiple devices are advised to not even blink an eye before buying this beast of a router. Here are its features:
- Dual-band Wi-Fi router.
- 4K streaming.
- High-Speed Gaming.
- 11ac dual-band.
- 300 + 700 Mbps speed for a large home.
- Multiple devices at once.
- 2 adjustable antennas
- Management through the Nighthawk app.
- The LED light eases operations.
- 4 LAN and 1 LAN.
- Several wire and port connections.
- Weighs 1.35 pounds.
- 05 x 8.62 x 4.29 inches wide.
How to Choose a Wireless Router Wisely – Things You Should Know
Choosing a Wi-Fi doesn’t have to be so hard for anyone and we realize this more than anyone. We are listing a few things that you should consider before investing in a Wi-Fi router.
Single or Dual Band:
For a blazing fast speed, you should consider the router that gives you more than the limitations that your internet connection puts on you. It is better if you choose a dual band or a tri-band frequency so the internet access you get doesn’t come from a single frequency. Most of the routers operate below 802.11ac and provide 2 GHz of speed. But with dual and tri band Wi-Fi, you get to experience 2 GHz and 5 GHz of speed at several regions.
Number of ports in a Wi-Fi router matter a lot because convenience is where wireless and wired connections, both are stable and strengthened. There a few routers that are entirely wireless and a few that just allow wired connections. You have to choose that provides both, the wireless and wired as well.
Ethernet and Gigabit:
Fiber technology has advanced the routers and Wi-Fi connections with stability and non-bothered connection from external factors like weather and weak network. The router you buy should provide you with at least 1300Mbps on a 5GHz wireless speed. The more, the merrier.
AC1200 or Higher Router:
When you are buying a router for your Wi-Fi, make sure that it is above AC1200 because the models under this are quite old and don’t provide stable multi-dimensional frequencies.
Speed of Internet Connection:
For a router to work properly, it needs to be provided with a good internet connection. When the connection is good, the router will perform better. The speed of internet connection matters a lot when it comes to streaming live videos and fast surfing. Keep in mind the consideration of updating the Wi-Fi package before buying a router.
Placement of the router:
To get a good strength of signal, make sure to analyze a best place where your router works the best. Probably a region or area that is central and from where the signal can be widespread across the larger regions.
A Wi-Fi Router’s significant is visible from the context above. But there are a few wise things that can make your connection strengthened with even economical equipment like the bands and number of ports as mentioned above. All you have to do is consider all the mentioned aspects and features before buying a Wi-Fi router for yourself, Happy Surfing!