Call of Duty is the first-ever man shooter video game. It was published by an American Video game publisher, Activision in 2003. Early versions were based on the theme of World War II, but later the developers changed the games set. The latest published version of this game is “Call of Duty Modern Warfare”. It was published on October 25, 2019. This title was developed by Infinity Ward, Inc, it is an American game developer company, and published by the same publisher for Microsoft Windows, Xbox One and Play Station. The game has won the Game Critic Award in the same year for the category “Best Online Multiplayer Game”.
The PC version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare is encountering errors like Dev error 6068, error 6065, and error 6165. These Dev errors lead the PC to game crash or black screens. Most of the Dev errors get resolved as we give administrative rights to the game.
Please follow these steps to fix Dev Error 6068, 6065 and 6165 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare:
● Navigate to the game location, the folder where the game has been saved.
● Open the game folder.
● Now, search for the file with .exe extension, these file has the file type “Application”.
● Now right click on the .exe file and select the option “Run this Program as an administrator” from the menu.
This is a general solution and it works for common problems only. If you are still facing an error, then you need to try other specific fixes.
How to Fix Dev Error 6165 in COD Modern Warfare?
This error appears when the players ty loading multiple screens for multiplayer mode or try opening the cut scene for single-player mode. Players encounter this error code 6065 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, because of the latest GPU drivers. In this case, they can roll back to the older GPU drivers’ version and the problem will be resolved.
How to Fix Dev Error 6068 in COD Modern Warfare?
The error with the message “Dev Error 6068 – DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error” has become a nightmare for COD Modern Warfare players. However, it can be avoided by taking care of some simple things. Follow these steps to fix Dev Error 6068 in COD Modern Warfare:
● First, you need to deactivate the NVIDIA overlay from GeForce Experience and all other overlay applications.
● In the game setting, set the game Window to borderless.
● Make sure that you have the latest version of Windows.
● Switch off RTX and XBOX game bar.
● Open Task Manager and set the COD Modern Warfare to High Priority.
● Lower the particle settings of the game. Alternatively, you can lock the game at 3 frames per second. Follow the following steps to do the same;
○ Open the Control Panel of the NVIDIA.
○ Click on Manage 3D settings.
○ Finally, open “Program Settings”, now select the game from the list.
○ Now change the vertical sync setting to “Adaptive Half Refresh Rate”.
○ Launch the game.
○ Now you also need to disable vertical sync in the game also, doing this will lock the game to 30 frames per second (FPS).
How to Fix Dev Error 6065 in COD Modern Warfare?
The game developers and publishers are working to fix this error or find solutions to it. This error is not yet fixed by them, but they have recommended lowering down the graphic settings t avoid this error in the meantime.
Common Solutions for Dev Errors:
Here we have discussed different methods that repair the game generally and efficiently removes dev errors.
● If you are using a second monitor, disable it and then relaunch the application.
● Disable Ray tracing from the game settings.
● Try reinstalling DirectX.
● Scan and Repair the game through battle.net application.
● Disable “Crossplay” in the game settings, you can find this option by navigating to the Options menu and then opening the Account tab.
● Overclocking is a feature that increases the GPU’s clock rate making it work faster. Turning off the overclocking feature may also prevent dev errors.
● Sometimes poor internet connection causes dev errors, check and refresh your internet connection. This seems small but it may become the main reason for errors.
○ Options >> General Tab >> Telemetry Section >> Server Latency.
○ Enable this option.
● If nothing helps then uninstall and then reinstall COD Modern Warfare.